How to take backup of Brocade Switch configuration file in local server?
The configuration file contains all zoning information and configuration settings of fabric.
- To take backup of configuration file first login into Switch by using admin account
- It will ask you host details in which server you want to save the configuration file.
switch:admin> configupload Protocol (scp, ftp, sftp, local) [ftp]: ftp Server Name or IP Address [host]: 10.18.64.124 User Name [user]: root Path/Filename [<home dir>/config.txt]: /usr/local/storage/switch/switchconfig.txt Section (all|chassis|FID# [all]): all email@example.com's password: Password: XXXXXXXX configUpload complete
- Protocol – select ftp
- Ip address – Give IP address of the server in which you want to save the configuration file
- User name: user name of the server
- Path/Filename: provide the file path where you want to save the configuration file
- Section – choose all
- Password: password of username
- Now a text file will be generated in the provided path in the server