Zero page reclaimation in Hitachi VSP
We can reclaim zero pages in a DP-VOL to free pool capacity. If a page assigned to a DP-VOL contains only zero binary data, we can reclaim the page.
To reclaim zero pages in a DP-VOL
- In Storage Navigator main window, select Pool in the Storage Systems tree
The pool name appears below Pool.
- Select the pool associated with the DP-VOL(dp volume) that has pages you want to release.
- Select the Virtual Volumes
- From the table, select the DP-VOL(dp volume) that has pages you want to release.
- Click More Actions, and then select Reclaim Zero Pages.
The Reclaim Zero Pages window opens (You cannot release pages in a DP-VOL when the DP-VOL is not in a normal status or the DP-VOL is in the process of reclaiming zero pages.)
- In Task Name give a unique name for this task or accept the default, and then click Apply.