Zero page reclaimation in Hitachi VSP
You can reclaim pages in a DP-VOL to free pool capacity. If a page assigned to a DP-VOL contains only zero binary data, you can reclaim the page.
To reclaim pages in a DP-VOL
- In the Storage Navigator main window, in the Storage Systems tree, select Pool.
The pool name appears below Pool.
- Select the pool associated with the DP-VOL that has pages you want to release.
- Select the Virtual Volumes
- From the table, select the DP-VOL that has pages you want to release.
- Click More Actions, and then select Reclaim Zero Pages.
The Reclaim Zero Pages window opens (You cannot release pages in a DP-VOL when the DP-VOL is not in a normal status or the DP-VOL is in the process of reclaiming zero pages.)
- In Task Name type a unique name for this task or accept the default, and then click Apply.
If Go to tasks window for status is checked, the Tasks window opens.